Singapore Airlines to Review Serving Nuts after an Allergic Emergency

Singapore Airlines
 

Toddler has Allergic Reaction to Nuts on Singapore Airlines Flight

 

Marcus Daley, a young boy who went into anaphylaxis, a life-threatening condition that can be induced by allergens such as peanuts or shellfish, after passengers around him ripped open their snack bags of peanuts on a recent Singapore Airlines Flight.

His father Chris Daley told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) that his son had received a nut-free meal from cabin crew, but began to react when passengers around him were eating their nuts.

WATCH: AirAsia X Received Another Casualty Only a Week After the Last One
WATCH: Etihad Introduce Lounges for Economy Class Passengers

“He started vomiting, his eyes were starting to swell and he couldn’t speak properly,” he told the ABC.

“With peanut dust, when you open a packet, part of what you can smell is tiny fragments of peanuts which are going up into the air.”

Luckily, Marcus’ anti-allergy medication swiftly subsided the situation.

Following the incident, SIA apologised to the Daley family and is considering making changes to its nut policy.

“As soon as our crew were made aware of the situation, they immediately removed all packets of peanuts from the area around Mr. Daley and his family,” a spokesman for the airline said.

Continue for more information

 
Facebook Comment
SHARE