1. Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces.
2. Rinse and peel the garlic and chilies, and pound them in a mortar and pestle. You just want to bring out the oils and flavors from the garlic and chilies.
3. Pluck some basil leaves off the stems (amounts depends on how much you like).
4. Place your wok or frying pan onto a high heat, and add around 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan.
5. When the oil is hot, add the chilies and garlic. Stir fry them for about 20 seconds or until they get really fragrant, but don’t let them burn.
6. Place the chicken in the wok or pan and stir fry. At this stage you want to continue to stir and cook your chicken until it’s almost cooked all the way through (2-3 minutes). If it starts to get dry, add some water.
7. Add 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, ½ teaspoon light soy sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar, and a splash of dark soy sauce. Keep stir frying for around another 30 seconds.
8. Grab a handful of basil and place it into the pan. Fold it into the chicken, and immediately turn off the heat. Stir all the ingredients through and place onto a bowl of rice.
And there you have it. A delicious and flavoursome meal that everyone can enjoy.